I am a final year Ph.D. student in Biomedical and Health Informatics Department (BIME) at the University of Washignton, advised by Prof. Trevor Cohen.
I was a postdoctoral researcher at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, with Todd McNutt. I received my Master degree from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, majoring in cancer Epidemiology and M.B.B.S degree (equivalent to M.D.) from Capital Medical University.
My research interest broadly spans natural language processing in medical domain. My current interests primarily include enhancing the accessibility and personalization of health information by NLP methodologies.
I am in the job market and looking for faculty positions!
|Nov 15, 2023||My AI2 intern project work released Personalized Jargon Identification for Enhanced Interdisciplinary Communication|
|Nov 14, 2023||Presented “Retrieval Augmentation of Large Language Models for Lay Language Generation” at AMIA|
- Personalized Jargon Identification for Enhanced Interdisciplinary CommunicationIn , 2023
- APPLS: A Meta-evaluation Testbed for Plain Language SummarizationarXiv preprint arXiv:2305.14341, 2023
- Cells: A parallel corpus for biomedical lay language generationarXiv preprint arXiv:2211.03818, 2022
- Automated lay language summarization of biomedical scientific reviewsIn Proceedings of the AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2021
- Crossing the “Cookie Theft” corpus chasm: applying what BERT learns from outside data to the ADReSS challenge dementia detection taskFrontiers in Computer Science, 2021